Follow Me!

I now have my own Facebook page! Please like it at https://www.facebook.com/katjaneway.blogspot.

You can follow me on twitter also @Katjaneway. If you hate twitter, like I know a lot of you do, you can still subscribe to my blog via email below this heading. I'm also on bloglovin'!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Don't forget to comment, ya trolls! Thanks :)

Monday, June 17, 2013

Day 8: What are 3 passions you have?

This post seems kind of redundant. I feel like I've already mentioned these enough through all my blogging that I'm just restating old things. So, I am going to do something completely unprecedented, and change the challenge!! Today, instead of blogging about 3 things I am passionate about, I will blog about 3 things I would like to change about myself. (This might make a later post - List 5 weaknesses - a bit harder.)

1. I'm co-dependant. I feel as though I need someone else in my life to "complete" me. Some of this stems from being scared. What if I'm all alone in my apartment and I suddenly get violently ill? What if I need to move this piece of furniture and I can't? What if my car breaks down and I can't get to work? What if I encounter a spider?! All these scenarios float around in my head and I begin to freak out. Also, I've spent all of my life refusing to do things alone. Whether it's because I fear what strangers will think of me, or because it's genuinely no fun to go to places alone, I just avoid it if at all possible. It makes my life rather dull. There are also a number of things I literally can't do alone, like hikes. People keep telling me I'm going to get raped or murdered on these trails in the woods if I'm all alone.

2. I freak out about everything. Can't you tell? I'm a worry wort. There are things in life that you can't change, like other people and their actions. It's really hard to tell myself not to worry about things that I can't change. Sometimes though, I can get randomly methodical about stuff. My logical side will kick in, emotions take a back seat, and I get shit done, like when our cat was lost. While Justin cried and said he was dead (and wanted to knock on people's doors at 10 at night), I just started making posters and shaking the treat jar outside while calling his name. Logically, I knew he was fine. There was a greenbelt behind our complex and I knew he was hiding back there; he was just too scared to come out. (We did get him back, by the way, in case you were worried!)


3. I get frustrated a lot. I get this from my mom I think. Dad is pretty calm about most things, even in the midst of a crisis, while mom gets angry and upset. I haven't yet learned coping techniques for when things don't go my way. From random errors on my computer (for example, the fact that my wireless Internet drops about every minute, and I have to reconnect) to being unable to put in or take out my contact lens after several (and I mean several) attempts. It's like that book Don't Sweat the Small Stuff, except I do.

If I could learn to just... accept things, I think my life would be so much easier!

Day 7: What is your dream job, and why?

No comments:

Post a Comment