Follow Me!

I now have my own Facebook page! Please like it at https://www.facebook.com/katjaneway.blogspot.

You can follow me on twitter also @Katjaneway. If you hate twitter, like I know a lot of you do, you can still subscribe to my blog via email below this heading. I'm also on bloglovin'!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Don't forget to comment, ya trolls! Thanks :)

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Day 1: List 10 random facts about yourself

I've decided to do the 30 day blogging challenge. Now in order not to be incredibly annoying with constant postings, I think I'll just put a link on my Facebook page, www.facebook.com/katjaneway.blogspot, and post once on twitter. Then I will also post links on each post to my past days.

1. I listen to a lot of Japanese music. Mostly Jpop, and JTechno/Trance. And a lot of Anime songs. Some people can't stand that they don't understand what they're listening to (I don't know Japanese, so yeah, I could be singing along to murders and rapes for all I know - but my music is super cutesy too) but come on - how many people thought the song "Bad Moon Rising" by Creedence Clearwater was singing about a "Bathroom on the right"? Don't tell me that isn't what you sang!

2. I don't have an angry or depressing music. I discovered this not long ago when I was angry and decided to find a piece of my music to fit my mood. And I couldn't find one. I do have a couple of Disturbed songs, which is a Metal band and fairly lyrically depressing, but it didn't fit my current situation. I had to settle for the Goo Goo Dolls "Hate This Place". Yeah. I feel as though music is a reflection of our souls. Some people are attracted to certain music with how they feel inside. I guess I'm just a happy person!

3. I used to be afraid of the dark for a long time, and now if there's a glow in the room at all I can't sleep. Like sucking my thumb, I went way beyond normality when it came to night lights. Luckily, my ability to not pee in my bed stopped at a reasonable age.

4. I am not scared of rats, mice, snakes, beetles, or bugs, but all spiders must die. Seriously.

5. I am both very creative and logical. Just don't give me a math question. I am detail-oriented, logistical, and slightly OCD. I also love to read, write, draw, paint etc. But if you really want to make me think, tell me to tip the waiter.


6. I get socially anxious. This is a general term that encompasses both public speaking and my wall-floweredness (don't talk to me!). I'm not claustrophobic and don't mind large crowds, but that only works if they're not all focused on me. I do not do presentations. I will shake and stutter, and my face turns bright red. I can probably only handle up to 5 people staring at me at once, and beyond that all hell will break loose.

7. I sing in the shower. Honestly, I love to belt out tunes any time of the day, especially in the car. I'm not the best singer and I know this (contestants of American Idol, take note), but I sound respectably better in the shower. Must be the acoustics. Of course, I don't sing empty-handed; I always have my music in there with me.

8. I'm a geek. World of Warcraft, Warhammer (in the past. I liked to paint the figurines), Star Trek, my interest in computers and technology, Marvel movies (screw DC), computer games, Pokemon (to a point). I'm all there. And I love it. I wouldn't have it any other way.


9. I'm still a tomboy. I grew up on a "farm" of sorts, with lots of animals. My best friend as a small child was a boy. My favorite toys were not the barbies, but the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. As I grew, I reluctantly began to adopt more feminine things. I bought my first compact when I was 22, but I rarely wear make up. I have a dress that I only wear on special occasions, no shoe heels higher than 2", and definitely no skirts. I don't spend an exorbitant amount of time getting ready in the morning; in fact, much less time than my old roommate, Karl. Hmm.

10. I am not religious. I feel I am in a minority here. I wouldn't necessarily call myself atheist (technically, I call myself a Darwinist) because I'm logical and scientific. I'm a more "I'll believe it when I see it" person, so agnostic fits me better. Although both my parents went to church as children, they stopped attending as adults, and therefore I've never even stepped in a church for religious purposes. I'm actually very uncomfortable around people who peach about their faith to me (you can believe in whatever you want, I won't judge), I just don't like listening to it. I have friends and family who are deeply religious and that is perfectly fine. I'm just not used to it, I don't understand it, and it's just not for me.

If anyone wants to participate in the 30-day challenge, I found it here on Kate's blog:

http://www.canigetanotherbottleofwhine.com/p/30-day-blog-challenge-list.html?showComment=1369155985154

No comments:

Post a Comment