Follow Me!

I now have my own Facebook page! Please like it at https://www.facebook.com/katjaneway.blogspot.

You can follow me on twitter also @Katjaneway. If you hate twitter, like I know a lot of you do, you can still subscribe to my blog via email below this heading. I'm also on bloglovin'!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Don't forget to comment, ya trolls! Thanks :)

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Recipes... I mean, applications


This is a direct copy from my Facebook page. I'm putting it here to make it easier to access and add to. They're not in any kind of order, but I could tell you that the first thing I ever made from Good Eats was Alton's guacamole. Why? Well, because they weren't really selling it in the store anymore (they only had guacamole dip. Yuck!). And when I COULD find it, it was freaking expensive.


Recipes... I mean, applications
by Amy Gurley on Sunday, January 2, 2011 at 4:06pm

I'm just going to list all of the applications I have made of Alton's and try to remember to add to this list as I go. It starts back in... November of 2009.

Baked Mac and Cheese
Meatloaf
Banana Bread (I'm Just Here for More Food)
Chicken Wings (Buffalo)
Skirt Steak
Caesar Salad
Smoked Trout
Refrigerator Pickles (FN short, slightly different recipe than in American Pickle)
Pop Tarts (using current recipe on altonbrown.com)
Butter cream Frosting (fail)
Ganache
Tres Leche cake (Milk cake)
Carrot Cake
Angel Food Cake
Doughnuts
Green Bean Casserole (also made straight up cream of mushroom soup using this recipe)
Grunt
Scones
Steamed Mussels
Oat Flour Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Beef Jerky
Zabaglione
Smoked Ribs
Fried Plantains
Oat Flour Waffles
Baked Potato (yeah that's right - there was a recipe from his show and I followed it, so there lol)
Pan-Fried Chicken (didn't use buttermilk - used eggs instead)
Red Velvet Cake
Devil's Food Cake
Guacamole
Pork Tenderloin
Potato Salad
Moo-less Chocolate Pie
Brownies
Waffles
Flank Steak Roulade
Going Dutch sourdough bread
Pinwheel cookies (The Cookie Clause)
Chocolate chip cookies
Vanilla wafers
Fried calamari
Tortilla chips
Biscuits
Roast turkey
Turkey gravy
40 Cloves and a chicken
Cranberry dipping sauce
Cheesecake
Pan cooked salmon in "Gills Gone Wild"
Macaroons (from a FN short)
Popcorn (yes that counts - I used to just buy the bags, now I pop my own lol)
Granola from the episode "Power Trip" - I modified the Granola recipe and made it into a cereal.
Wontons (although I stuffed them with something else, so does that even count? lol He still taught me how to make them! lol)
Pot Roast (the cookbook version, not the episode version with the olives and raisins... ew lol)
The application for cooking steak in "Steak Your Claim"
The application for cooking lamb on the grill (even though it was not the same cut) "Grill Seekers"
The application to cook city ham. Unfortunately, it was already spiral cut so I could not put the whole rub on it

No comments:

Post a Comment