Follow Me!

I now have my own Facebook page! Please like it at https://www.facebook.com/katjaneway.blogspot.

You can follow me on twitter also @Katjaneway. If you hate twitter, like I know a lot of you do, you can still subscribe to my blog via email below this heading. I'm also on bloglovin'!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Don't forget to comment, ya trolls! Thanks :)

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Nostalgia, Volume II

Okay, I'm finally up for my blast into the past. I know, I'm only 28. But honestly, I feel like the 90's were so long ago that it's already making me a little depressed.
SO...
Even though I was born in 1984, it's not like I remember anything about the 80's. I mean, hell, I was barely in kindergarten yet, so that doesn't count. Well start with my favorite TV shows of the 90's. (This came about with a blog post by unrealitymag.com, one of my favorite sites on the internet today. That and verydemotivational.com ) and this was the post that started my whole nostalgia kick: http://unrealitymag.com/index.php/2010/12/06/for-90s-kids-like-me/
I read though it, and I was like "OMG I used to love these shows!"



Rugrats
The Wild Thornberrys (reminded me of Dr. Dolittle - the original with Rex Harrison. Screw Eddie Murphy)
Doug
I sometimes watched Keenan and Kel, and one line has stuck with me forevermore: "Who loves orange soda?" "Kel loves orange soda!"
The Secret World of Alex Mack (so kick ass)
Salute Your Shorts
Land of the Lost (90's version)
Clarissa Explains it All (EPIC!)
Sabrina the Teenage Witch
Space Cases (I LOVED THIS SHOW OMG)
Are You Afraid of the Dark
The Magic School Bus!
The Simpsons, of course. But hell, they're still on!
Also
Star Trek: The Next Generation (I know it played in the 80's too, but I didn't discover it until the reruns in the 90's. Besides, it ended in '94.)
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
Star Trek: Voyager

A couple of 90's toys/items were included in the line up too. I never had an easy bake oven (or microwave) but I did have a giga pet.


Yeah, that was fun for about two days. The problem with it was that the dog always wanted food in the middle of the night, and fuck it if I was going to wake up and pretend to feed it! I stuck it in a drawer and forgot about it, since you can't turn it off. I was going to wait for the batteries to die. In the meantime, it kept chirping because the dog was hungry. Finally, the dog died, and it showed a digital pic of him with angel wings for a like, a good week or more before the batteries finally died. Ugh.
Oregon Trail. Wow, I loved that game as a kid. It was actually fairly easy to make it with all your crew in tact. One of the few games I was able to beat, since I wasn't really that into playing my Nintendo (or Sega). My Sega games included Sonic 2 and 3, the Knuckles expansion, and like, Primal Rage lol I don't even know what else I had. Not much.
And yes, Fruitstripe gum was a major disappointment.

Here's where the feeling of being old stems from: It's time to talk about movies.

Jurassic Park (1993) Still in my top 5 to this day.
Hook (1991)
Independence Day (1996)
Twister (1996) One of my absolute favorites.

Now, I'm not just naming off any movies, or popular movies. These ones I fell in love with when they came out. Which is why I'm not listing classics like City Slickers, Toy Story, or Contact (I didn't watch that movie for the first time until just last month)

Star Trek: First Contact (1996) Hell yes.
Star Trek: Generations (1994) This movie was just mostly okay. But it was Star Trek, so there lol
Star Trek: Insurrection (1998) Not a crowd favorite, but one of mine!
Patch Adams (1998)
Jumanji (1995)
Jack (1996) I'm seeing a Robin Williams theme, here lol
Hocus Pocus (1993)
Free Willy (1993)
A Goofy Movie (1995) The music was just some of the best I'd ever heard.
Gozilla (1998) Because I had a thing for the old Godzilla movies. This is the only movie I ever saw twice in the theater.
Galaxy Quest (1999)
Fly Away Home (1996) YES! Because I had ducks, and so this was like the most awesome movie, EVER. lol
Dragonheart (1996) Such an epic movie. One of the very few that made me cry at the end.

Home Alone (1990)
Ms. Doubtfire (1993)
Balto (1995) I love this movie to death, even though I learned recently that the famous Balto of the Iditarod wasn't even half wolf. Of course I knew the movie wasn't going to be accurate, but don't change that!
Tremors (1990) My parents actually let me watch this when I was a kid. For some reason, I was fascinated. And then spooked to the point where I would hop on patches of grass and not touch any sand in fear of monsters coming up from the ground and pulling me under. Best parenting decision? Probably not lol)
The Witches (1990) Why? Cuz they changed into mice, I guess!
Wolf (1994) I don't even know. I've rewatched it recently and said to myself: 'wtf? Why did I like this movie so much?' It does have a feral aspect, which I've always loved. The scene in the stall was always my favorite.
Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken (1991) This one wasn't even on Wiki's list. WTF. Beautiful film. Just beautiful.


Did I make any of you feel old? Because I surely do, now >_<

No comments:

Post a Comment