Follow Me!

I now have my own Facebook page! Please like it at https://www.facebook.com/katjaneway.blogspot.

You can follow me on twitter also @Katjaneway. If you hate twitter, like I know a lot of you do, you can still subscribe to my blog via email below this heading. I'm also on bloglovin'!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Don't forget to comment, ya trolls! Thanks :)

Monday, May 6, 2019

Birthday Continues

So even though I technically celebrated my birthday last week, I didn't have dinner with my parents until this week. I had been excited about this particular Sunday for a while; even though Patrick had already met my parents when we all went to the Spring Fair together, this would be the first time I get to show him the home where I spent most of my childhood.

However, before that, I had taken Patrick on the 5-mile Drive at Point Defiance Park, and he had showed interest in walking down at Owen's beach. So when I checked the tide table, I saw that it was going to be a -0.89 tide at 12:15 on Sunday, which would be perfect in order to get all the way up to the actual point of Point Defiance, which was only accessible at low tides. It was a super nice day, so it was perfect for a walk on the beach. We had a great time; it's gorgeous down there and we were both fascinated by the shear rock wall to one side and walking on hardened clay. Plus, we got to see the Narrows Bridges' from the right side, which is hard to do!

After our walk, I drove us to my parent's house. I had warned him that I wanted to show him the creek; the place I went to when I had an argument with my parents and needed a quiet space. So after showing him the house, we braved the nettles and Devil's Club to find my creek. Unfortunately, it looked like it had completely dried up. And on our way back up, I had promptly gotten us lost temporarily misplaced. We ended up on the opposite side of my parent's property, so I wasn't completely off course (Stop judging me). I forge my own path, okay?
So, we were perfectly sweaty and nasty from our hike as we ate our dinner: ribeye steaks, asparagus and a baked potato. I used Alton Brown's "new" technique of using mayonnaise as a searing agent instead of oil. It sounds weird (and I knew my parents would give me funny looks. I love that) but it works perfectly!

Shhh, don't tell anyone, but I think my parents like him. He had absolutely no qualms with not only teasing the heck out of me and doing daring things like hiding my phone a couple of times, but also by showing loving affection. No shame, this one.

After dessert (who doesn't love a combo of oreo cake and peanut butter chocolate ice cream?!) we had to go because I desperately needed to take a shower. It had been quite a day, and I was seriously impressed with this man's stamina considering his age [cough cough] lol plus he was running on very little sleep, poor thing.

You know, I have a feeling I'm going to be making a lot more journaling entries with all of our escapades. I don't want to forget a single moment. And I'm hoping for many, many more moments to come.



No comments:

Post a Comment