Follow Me!

I now have my own Facebook page! Please like it at https://www.facebook.com/katjaneway.blogspot.

You can follow me on twitter also @Katjaneway. If you hate twitter, like I know a lot of you do, you can still subscribe to my blog via email below this heading. I'm also on bloglovin'!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Don't forget to comment, ya trolls! Thanks :)

Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Stop Looking

They say that when you stop looking, you will find what you need. I hadn't necessarily been looking; in fact, I was content in my solitude for the most part. I also knew that, despite movies like Isn't It Romantic, the odds of running into my soulmate by dropping papers on the ground and him helping to pick them up, and our eyes locking, and next thing you know we're getting married - kind of a stretch, right? 


So I knew that even though I felt pretty happy about my singleness, I wasn't exactly averse to dating again. I just never felt like putting forth the effort it required to get back into the game - until I saw an ad for a dating website called geek2geek. It's one of those things you find that you never knew you needed until you see it. This was exactly what I was looking for. Being a total geek at heart, I knew that if I found someone with similar interests then we would probably mesh very well. However, after I made a profile I didn't really do anything with it. I took the approach of "they will find me", and it wasn't necessarily because I was lazy or scared, but because I was still content with my alone time. I took the mentality of the "stop looking" advice and just let it be. I don't believe in fate in the slightest; I don't think our lives are already running on a predetermined route that can not be altered by events. I do believe that we have control of our own destinies. 

When I got a message (my first one, after being on the site for probably a month), I'll admit - I hesitated in answering for a couple of days. But then I decided to give it a shot because why not? He seemed nice. He loved Star Trek. Played World of Warcraft. One date would certainly not hurt. And it was because of this decision in my life that everything shifted 180 degrees.

Have you ever heard the saying "when you know, you know"?

I know.

Never in my life have I known this much. Not since Josh. 

The connection we have was almost instantaneous. It has only grown since our first meeting. It's the kind of thing that makes you wonder if soulmates exist, or whether or not you might have more than one in your lifetime. Granted, we are still in the "honeymoon phase" I suppose, and who knows how long that will last, but I feel as though we have a very solid foundation to build on. I'm excited to see where this goes.

It's amazing what you find when you stop looking, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment