Follow Me!

I now have my own Facebook page! Please like it at https://www.facebook.com/katjaneway.blogspot.

You can follow me on twitter also @Katjaneway. If you hate twitter, like I know a lot of you do, you can still subscribe to my blog via email below this heading. I'm also on bloglovin'!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Don't forget to comment, ya trolls! Thanks :)

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Year

I was never one to party like it was 1999. I've been a grown-up long before I turned 21, I think. I've had really good New Years celebrations, and some pretty shitty ones too, usually by being around completely smashed people while I was probably the most sober one there.

Don't get me wrong; I can drink. I don't drink often, so my tolerance is fairly low, but I just happen to know my limits. Also, I don't slam shots or well drinks.

This was my drink of choice last night:


It's my own concoction called the Almond Joy. There are several recipes out there for something like this, but I prefer my alcohol undetectable by the human palate. That could also be a recipe for disaster, as the 'drunk' may come on slower, and I hear sugar intensifies a hangover. Although, after having 3 of these and 2 bottles of water, I was fine in the morning. Here is my recipe:

1-1/2 shots Malibu Coconut Rum
1 shot Cocoa Rose Tequila (or probably Godiva if you prefer but I didn't have the funds for that!)
A splash of Amaretto
2 shots (sweetened) almond milk (I just bought unsweetened and filled it with Splenda)
1 shot half n half

As you can see, I fancied it up by adding chocolate syrup to the bottom, and chocolate shavings on the top. I also made my own whipped cream (a pint - way too much for the party I went to) and added 3 shots of Amaretto to it. I honestly think the whipped cream and chocolate shavings made that drink. I probably went over the top with the syrup, but who cares? It's New Years!

This time I had a really good time. Every year that I've spent celebrating with family has been a blast. We would sometimes do Rock 'n Bowl, but that was getting pretty darn expensive, so my uncle rented out The Wine Studio, where some of my family have become pals with the owner. It was BYOB, but still a fun place to hang out, chat and play games. Even though I was (and am) sick with a cold, I still managed to stay up until midnight and drink enough to buzz me.

Hopefully I didn't make anyone else sick!! >_<

Happy New Year everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh Rock N Bowl sounds fun but so does how you spent last night! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete