Follow Me!

I now have my own Facebook page! Please like it at https://www.facebook.com/katjaneway.blogspot.

You can follow me on twitter also @Katjaneway. If you hate twitter, like I know a lot of you do, you can still subscribe to my blog via email below this heading. I'm also on bloglovin'!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Don't forget to comment, ya trolls! Thanks :)

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

He Played a Transvestite

Well, ladies and gents, it's that time again. I've discovered my next hollywood obsession.

It's kind of a thing with me. It starts out innocently enough. I watch a movie or a TV show, find them or their character interesting, slowly realize how awesome they are, and suddenly want to watch everything they've been in.

I believe it all started with Siddig El Fadil aka Alexander Siddig aka Dr. Julian Bashir on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. That had been a full-blown teenager crush with posters and all. After that, it was Kate Mulgrew aka Captain Kathryn Janeway of Star Trek: Voyager. Then it was Jake Gyllenhaal of Brokeback Mountain fame. Another humongous crush. Well, and as we all know, after that it was Alton Brown. Not quite hollywood, but the same idea.

The cool part about these obsessions is that I discover movies that I didn't know existed and would have never watched had it not been for them. Kate Mulgrew was in A Stranger is Watching, which is by no means a hollywood hit, nor was it my type of movie, but I liked it nonetheless. Jake Gyllenhaal hadn't been in much thanks to his young age, so I'd watched 99.9% of everything he was in. I discovered the likes of Donnie Darko, and my favorite: October Sky.

It's a lot easier to be obsessed these days thanks to technology. Back when it was all about Jake and nothing but Jake, I still had to rent or buy everything, and if I couldn't find it at Hollywood Video I was pretty much out of luck. Now, I can download everything, from the most popular to the most obscure.

So, who is my new hollywood obsession, and did he really play a transvestite?

What was seen can not be unseen. You will now suffer just like me!

Recognize him? That's Clark Gregg, aka Agent Phil Coulson of the Marvel movies. Seen in hits like The Avengers, Iron Man, Thor, and the TV series Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. He was also in that... thing, a movie called The Adventures of Sebastian Cole, which I doubt I'll ever get the nerve to watch! 

If you minus all the war/government/mafia movies (eww), and all the TV series' (darn), and everything where he's more than 6th named in the cast, this is my watch list:

Brightest Star (2013)
Labor Day (2013)
Trust Me (2013)
Very Good Girls (2013)
Much Ado About Nothing (I) (2012)
(500) Days of Summer (2009)
The Air I Breathe (2007)
In Good Company (2004)
11:14 (2003) 
My Sister's Keeper (2002)
State and Main (2000)
Lana in Love (1991)

Has anyone seen those movies? If so, what do you think? Did you like Clark Gregg? Do any of you even know who he is? Am I being too geeky? Am I asking too many questions?!



No comments:

Post a Comment