Follow Me!

I now have my own Facebook page! Please like it at https://www.facebook.com/katjaneway.blogspot.

You can follow me on twitter also @Katjaneway. If you hate twitter, like I know a lot of you do, you can still subscribe to my blog via email below this heading. I'm also on bloglovin'!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Don't forget to comment, ya trolls! Thanks :)

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

World's Worst Hacker

I'm not exactly sure what Ms. Khan was trying to accomplish. Ms. Khan, who has a PO Box in Oakland, CA, a physical address in Michigan, and a phone number with the prefix of 253, which is the area I live in, and who has the email address of a guy's name @aol.com.

How do I know this stuff?

Because she's the worst hacker in the world.

Well, I'll admit, she somehow got my email address and managed to figure out my password, which I thought was a pretty good one but apparently not. I got home from work yesterday and noticed these "You changed your information" emails from my Newegg.com account. (Newegg by the way, is an amazing techie website for computer parts, phones, stereos and what not. And no tax!). It's strange, because I did have my credit card info saved on my account, however I was using the V.me, (which if you don't know, helps secure your card for online purchases) but instead of using my info to buy her Sony Xperia SP LTE C5306 Black 4G Dual-Core 1.7GHz Unlocked Cell Phone she started changing all of my information to her information. Changing the billing and shipping address, which I was getting the email notifications for, and also her attempt to buy the phone with her own card and not mine, because the last thing she thought of was to change my email address to hers.

It was a simple task to call Newegg customer service. With my name and phone number, the rep easily saw that my account was being hacked. Unfortunately, the only way to stop it was to block the account and shut it down completely. Sigh. So, I had to make a whole new one, with a shiny new password, and lost all my purchase history.

I'm seriously considering emailing this chick. What do ya'll think of "I blocked the account. Nice try, though."


No comments:

Post a Comment