Follow Me!

I now have my own Facebook page! Please like it at https://www.facebook.com/katjaneway.blogspot.

You can follow me on twitter also @Katjaneway. If you hate twitter, like I know a lot of you do, you can still subscribe to my blog via email below this heading. I'm also on bloglovin'!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Don't forget to comment, ya trolls! Thanks :)

Monday, July 9, 2012

Thank you, Marion Laney!


This story goes back a number of years. I met a man online (chatroom) in 2001, when I was only 17, named Josh. He lived in Texas. We found out that we had a lot in common and we hit it off well and became a couple. In July of 2002 we met in real life for the first time, and in December of that year, he moved up to WA to live with me. But anyway, back in '01-'02, he wanted to show me a video he'd made with his webcam, using foam nunchucks, because he was really into martial arts.



This video is very precious to me, because on March 8th, 2005, Josh passed away. This is the only video I have of my late fiancee.

As time went by and technology advanced however, Microsoft decided that it didn't want to include old Win98 codecs into its operating systems anymore, and suddenly, it would no longer play. I would get audio, but no visual picture. I was doomed to never own a copy of his video. I only had it uploaded on Myspace in 2006, which could disappear at any time.

When I went to visit Myspace recently, I realized that I could share my video on Facebook, which I did, stating in the header that I could no longer play this video. That's when Marion Laney swooped in to the rescue. Mr. Laney, who was previously the Director of Photography for my favorite culinary show of all time, Good Eats. Who told me that he could possibly convert my video and give me something that I could play on my computer. I was more than elated. I was ecstatic. I couldn't believe that Mr. Marion Laney could possibly help me with my dilemma!

And lo and behold, what you see above you is all because he was able to convert my video.

So, Mr. Laney, I humbly thank you from the bottom of my heart. What you did may have been a simple fix, but to this girl, it means the world.



No comments:

Post a Comment