Follow Me!

I now have my own Facebook page! Please like it at https://www.facebook.com/katjaneway.blogspot.

You can follow me on twitter also @Katjaneway. If you hate twitter, like I know a lot of you do, you can still subscribe to my blog via email below this heading. I'm also on bloglovin'!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Don't forget to comment, ya trolls! Thanks :)

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Locked Out

I was reading someone else's blog (okay fine, plug: http://thoughtsfromparis.com/) and he was mentioning locking himself out of his place and that reminded me of the one time I did.
So, I thought I'd briefly recount my experience. You know, this is a memory blog.

So this was back when I was living on Huson street, in the non-house. (I prefer to think of it as a house converted to apartments because it looks like a house, and it looks [and is built] like a conversion, even though the landlord tells me it's not. Whatever.)

Sure as hell looks like a house, doesn't it?

Anyway, I lived on the top floor and I was heading out to work one morning. I always had my keys hanging up next to the front door so I could grab them on my way out. I headed to the car, and realized I didn't have my keys.

[Cue the 'Oh shit' moment]

So, I panic. Justin is at work, and I know I locked myself out of the apartment. Calling a locksmith would not only cost money, but make me late for work, and I was not about to be late for work for NOTHING. I was working as a temp at Hospice House and hadn't been there for very long, yet. Temps are easily replaced, and I sure as hell wasn't going to get replaced.

So, what do I do? I decide to break in.

Not having barely 4 feet between my door and the neighbor's (which I think might have been an empty apartment at this point) I start slamming my shoulder into the door. Now, I wouldn't be doing this if I at all cared. The apartment itself is shitty as f*ck. I wake the neighbors downstairs and tell them it's okay - I locked myself out. Annoyed, they basically shrugged me off and went back inside. Now, I don't know what this says about the door, but it only took me about 7 slams before I managed to splinter the wood on the other side and pop the door open.

I grab my keys and head to work. I was not late, of course, because I'm a super early person. And that gives me yet another tally for a reason why being super early to everything is beneficial. lol

Oh, on an unrelated subject, I told mom how awesome my Dyson was and how I bet it would vacuum up what her $1,500 Kirby missed. She said no way.

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.


No comments:

Post a Comment