Follow Me!

I now have my own Facebook page! Please like it at https://www.facebook.com/katjaneway.blogspot.

You can follow me on twitter also @Katjaneway. If you hate twitter, like I know a lot of you do, you can still subscribe to my blog via email below this heading. I'm also on bloglovin'!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Don't forget to comment, ya trolls! Thanks :)

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Everything I Know I Learned on Acid

No, I don't use acid. Nor have I used any illegal substance. However, as I was cleaning my bookshelf, I found an old piece of paper from my school years. I had written down quotes from a book my teacher had with that title.
I will now reproduce them here so that I don't need that grungy yellowed piece of paper any longer!

"Every decision you make is a mistake." - Edward Dahlberg

"We don't need no stinkin' badges." - Treasure of the Sierra Madre

"Oh well, no matter what happens there's always death." - Napoleon

"Good resolutions are useless attempts to interfere with scientific laws." - Oscar Wilde

"Give me chastity and abstinence, O Lord, but not today." - St. Augustine

"I never indulge in rhyme or stanza unless I'm in bed with influenza." - Quintus Ennius

"The best way to fill time is to waste it." - Marguerite Duras

"I don't even know what street Canada is on." - Al Capone

"There are moments when everything goes well; don't be frightened, it won't last." - Jules Renard

"If you keep a thing for seven years, you are sure to find a use for it." - Sir Walter Scott

"The formula 'two and two make five' is not without its attractions." - Fyodor Dostoevsky

"The truth is silly putty." - Paul Krassner

"It's all the same fucking day, man." - Janis Joplin

"Miami Beach is where neon goes to die." - Lenny Bruce

"Everything tries to be round." - Black Elk Speaks

"Money costs too much." - Ross McDonald

"Somebody got lucky, but it was an accident." - Bob Dylan

"Take eloquence and wring its neck!" - Paul Verlaine

"A wop-bop-a-lula-a-wop-bam-boom!" - Little Richard

"It's the truth, even if it didn't happen." - Ken Kesey

"I hate the sun, but it's nice to know it's there." - Johnny Rotten

"If I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone?" -James Thurber

"On my gravestone, I want it to say 'I told you I was sick'. Achievement is for senators and scholars. At one time I had ambitions but I had them removed by a doctor in Buffalo." - Tom Waits

"Anything awful makes me laugh. I misbehaved once at a funeral." - Charles Lamb

"Sigh! No weed in a month! I guess I might as well accept that athletic scholarship to Notre Dame and study business economics after all!" - Gilbert Shelton

"I smash guitars because I like them." - Pete Townshend

No comments:

Post a Comment