Follow Me!

I now have my own Facebook page! Please like it at https://www.facebook.com/katjaneway.blogspot.

You can follow me on twitter also @Katjaneway. If you hate twitter, like I know a lot of you do, you can still subscribe to my blog via email below this heading. I'm also on bloglovin'!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Don't forget to comment, ya trolls! Thanks :)

Thursday, August 8, 2019

Sportsball Game

GO SPORTSBALL! Amirite?

Yeah, so I was just scrolling through Facebook one afternoon and saw an ad for "Star Trek Night" at T-Mobile Park in Seattle: Mariners vs Padres. I thought to myself - this can not be a coincidence. Patrick loves his Padres since he was born and raised in San Diego; and it's Star Trek Night - with a free hat?? I had to buy tickets.

A little background in case you didn't know already. To me, all sports is sportsball. I used to casually watch football until my ex-husband killed that desire back when I was married. But I had a special dislike of baseball in my heart because it has no time limit and therefore can runnith over on TV - cutting off new episodes of Deep Space Nine with no chance of repeats. THE NERVE.

I'll be honest, when I learned that Patrick was a sports person I hesitated because of my prior experience with Justin. Football kind of consumed him and caused me a lot of anger, annoyance, and frustration. He would often hold small parties with his friends, make a huge mess, yell and scream at the TV and I had no where to escape. We got complaints of the noise level. Sometimes if I asked questions I could get condescending remarks. He would get drunk and unruly. He started to watch football games other than the Seahawks because he wanted to know which team would win and then play against them. Nothing would take precedence over the game. A game wouldn't take 3 hours - sometimes it would take 5 or more because he would pause it and argue with his friends. I hated it so much, and it caused such a sour taste in my mouth that even after we divorced I couldn't watch football anymore.

So when I told Patrick about the Padres game and offered to buy tickets, I was really putting myself out there. I was only interested because I got a free Star Trek hat and because I wanted to make Patrick happy. I had never in my life watched a baseball game in full. I had never gone to one in person or even visited T-Mobile Park. I knew maybe 3% of how baseball was even played. But for the first time in my life, I was willing to do something I knew I would truly dislike for the sake of my boyfriend's happiness. And in all fairness, it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Sure, baseball is slow and kind of boring, but even I clapped and cheered when the Mariners got a home run, and we had alcohol and good food ta-boot.


Plus, I got to spend Quality Time™ with Patrick doing something that he absolutely loved. And that's all that really matters.

That and the free hat. XD

No comments:

Post a Comment