Follow Me!

I now have my own Facebook page! Please like it at https://www.facebook.com/katjaneway.blogspot.

You can follow me on twitter also @Katjaneway. If you hate twitter, like I know a lot of you do, you can still subscribe to my blog via email below this heading. I'm also on bloglovin'!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Don't forget to comment, ya trolls! Thanks :)

Monday, July 22, 2019

Shooting at the Range 7/15/19

It has been a while since I've gone shooting, and rarely do I ever in the first place. I'm definitely no good at it, and I certainly don't have the muscle mass/skill to deal with the recoil of any legit firearm.

I've been around firearms my whole life. I remember my dad teaching me how to use one when I was younger. He owns I think 2-3 firearms, one being a bear rifle. I used to shoot with his BB gun all of the time, and now it's living at my apartment (it's a cute thing, looks like an old style gun with a "wooden" grip) Unfortunately, the c02 cartridge leaks, so every time I want to use it I have to replace the cartridge. It's so easy to use, though. Much easier than dad's pump-action .22 rifle. Man, that thing is a pain.


My first experience at an indoor range was with Josh. He owned a .22 rifle with a sniper scope on it. People were definitely holding back their laughs and jokes with that one. But, it certainly made shooting targets more fun. When I was dating David, we went to a place near Greenwater that allowed outdoor shooting. I did pretty well with his 9mm. I think he also owned either a .45mm or some kind of revolver? I can't remember. But we were mainly there so that he could help his friend's kid calibrate the scope on his rifle.

Apparently, Jordan had been wanting to go shooting at a range for some experience, and Patrick, being the great step-daddy he is (*giggle*) offered to take him and invited me along. Let me tell you, it is not cheap to go shooting, especially if you're renting the gun and having to buy rounds for it. I decided to bring ol' BB along just for the hellovit. When the guy behind the counter was telling us some of the rules, he said that only 1 gun was allowed at a time, so I had to ask "This is a silly question but, I brought my BB gun - can I take that in?" He couldn't even contain his smirk and actually had to ask someone else. (ROLE REVERSAL - think of the reaction had I not been a chick! lol) And yeah, my BB gun was sitting in a teal Makita drill case because I had no legit way to carry it around.

So, we all decided to share a 9mm, bought some bullets and targets, and went inside. Poor Jordan was a tad intimidated. After Patrick went, I thought I would at least try to fire the BB gun before assuming the c02 cartridge was bust, but nope. Pulled the trigger and out rolls the BB like some kind of cartoon sketch. After a quick refill I fire off some BB's and then switch to the 9mm. The grip is so painful lol. It was a "light" recoil gun, but I definitely couldn't get my shots off anywhere near where I was trying to aim it. After I was done, Patrick  said to Jordan "your turn." and Jordan was like "no thanks" lol. Get up there you dork, it was your idea to come here! Once he started firing though, he got over it and enjoyed himself.

<---Patrick's first target at 25 feet (all the head shots are from my BB gun lol)





Patrick's second target at 35 ft ---->



The best part was recording the shooting in slo-mo, though. We had a good time!

No comments:

Post a Comment