Follow Me!

I now have my own Facebook page! Please like it at https://www.facebook.com/katjaneway.blogspot.

You can follow me on twitter also @Katjaneway. If you hate twitter, like I know a lot of you do, you can still subscribe to my blog via email below this heading. I'm also on bloglovin'!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Don't forget to comment, ya trolls! Thanks :)

Sunday, September 30, 2018

What the F is wrong with my car??

I need to find out if anyone can help me without having to spend an arm and a leg at the Chevy Dealership. I'm probably to the point where I'd have to spend $90 for a diagnostic and however much they wanna milk me for a computer reset that can only be done there, unless someone randomly reading this just happens to have run across this problem and might know what's up. 

So here's the sitch. I have a 2015 Chevy Sonic LTZ. The Infotainment center worked flawlessly up until about, oh I dunno, a year ago I guess (I bought it used). I play music with a usb stick. So basically what began happening with no provocation as far as I could tell, was that upon starting up my car, whenever it was done playing the song I had currently stopped at, it would start over at the beginning of the usb. The only way I could stop this from happening was if I pull up the song menu and manually select the next song on the list, and then it would continue playing from there.

 
Obviously this is not a big enough issue to pay Chevy to fix, hence my wish to ask around so see if anyone else knows how I might fix this issue. (And yes, I've tried to google this but it's kind of specific and I haven't been able to find this exact issue so far).

This is what I have tried:

  • Formatting the USB and reloading all of the music
  • Buying a different USB stick
  • Deleting the first song on the list (I was getting tired of hearing 30 Seconds to Mars every time I forgot to select the next song)
  • Discharging the battery to try and reset the system (I can't even tell you if this did anything)
  • Letting the battery completely drain out and jumping the car. Literally the only thing this reset was the average MPG. It didn't even reset the oil life. And when I plugged in the USB it started in the exact spot of the song I left off, and of course, went back to song #1 after).
  • Kicked the car in frustration (In order to discharge the battery, I had to leave the damn keys in the ignition with it on aux, otherwise it would go into self preservation. Fucking smart car.)
I even tried changing it to shuffle mode. This was kind of hilarious actually, because it takes about a minute to load the USB completely. So, when the song it's on is done early, it will STILL go back to song #1 on the usb, but I can't skip to the next song right away because it's not done loading the USB stick yet. So in essence, this is worse because then I HAVE to listen to the first song. In desperation, I made my absolutely favorite song song #1 by putting a 29 in front of it (ahead of 30 Seconds to Mars) just to stop me from going crazy. So at least I have that.

This is a stupidly important issue to me because I live in the city and literally everything I need, including work, is within a 10 minute drive or so. So I get maybe 3 songs out before I shut off my car and have to deal with this issue all the fucking time.

And please don't give me other options. Yes I KNOW I can play bluetooth music. It's a pain in the ass and not worth setting up for 5 minute drives. No I don't listen to the stupid radio. And no, I don't have a CD player and an aux port isn't worth the hassle either.

I'm under the assumption at this point that the infotainment center has a motherboard with memory chips and battery capacitors that hold onto all of this information regardless of the state of the car's battery. Which is great in theory, but kind of stupid right at this moment as I can't find any way to completely wipe and reset the system.

So, if ya'll have any ideas, PLEASE let me know. I've kind of given up at this point.


No comments:

Post a Comment