Follow Me!

I now have my own Facebook page! Please like it at https://www.facebook.com/katjaneway.blogspot.

You can follow me on twitter also @Katjaneway. If you hate twitter, like I know a lot of you do, you can still subscribe to my blog via email below this heading. I'm also on bloglovin'!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Don't forget to comment, ya trolls! Thanks :)

Friday, April 5, 2019

30-Day Blogging Challenge: Your Top 5 Pet Peeves


Okay, I'll admit it, I failed that challenge a long time ago. In fact, it's been so long now that the original link I posted for the challenge from another blogger doesn't even exist anymore, so I no longer have the original list. I believe I ended on Day 8. So I think what I'm going to do is find a new list and kind of jump around; a lot of the topics listed I actually already inadvertently covered in prior posts.

#7 was covered here.
#9 has a similar post here.
#28 is a repeat of #7
#8 was covered in Day 1 of my original challenge, found here
#29 was pretty much answered here

So challenge day 3 seems like a good place to start. I probably have way too many pet peeves because I get annoyed rather easily. I don't have a whole lot of patience for people, especially dumb people. (whoops, did I just say that in my out loud voice?)

#1 Encompasses a lot. LEARN TO DRIVE. Use your damn turn signal. Quit endangering others with your reckless driving. If you're old and you can't see, take a damn Uber. This is not the first time this guy has parked here. He's old, and he obviously doesn't understand road signs. He should NOT be driving.This is something I say a lot "pay the fuck attention". (shut up, grammar police.) Get off your phone, watch for the green light, obey road signs. Why is it so difficult?

#2 People who are oblivious of their surroundings and are inconsiderate of others. I sometimes wonder if I should have grown up in Japan. They are a very conscientious people and are always considerate of others. I hate it when people are blocking entire walkways for no reason, whether with their body or like with a shopping cart. There are people who are just rude and don't care, or are completely oblivious. You're coughing in my face without covering your mouth. You're playing your music loudly in public without earphones for everyone around you to hear. Are you taking up 2 parking spaces because you legit can't park like a normal person or because you don't want anybody to ding your precious vehicle? I don't know about you, but I absolutely hate shopping at Costco on Samples day. It's the epitome of frustration.

#3 People who are chronically late. I can genuinely shrug off an occasion or two, sometimes even I run into unexpected traffic or other issues, but some people just don't care about being late, or are unable to manage their own time to the point of just being late due to that. This kind of bleeds into #2, really. I'm a chronic early bird. I always make sure I have enough time to get where I'm going, even with anticipation of traffic or other issues. I'm considerate of others and their time.

#4 People who can't take direction or know direction. I can certainly get lost from time to time, it's
not like I'm perfect, but damn, people. This is directly correlated to my job, and has only become a pet peeve because it doesn't just happen occasionally, but EVERY. DAMN. DAY. ALL. DAY. LONG.
Ste 202 is next door. With the big HONKING sign that literally has an arrow pointing to the door. The lab is on the other side. With an arrow pointing at it.
I get the Lynne Clark/Lynn Clark mix up. We have an ARNP Lynn Clark and there is a Breast Surgeon Lynne Clark, MD who is in a completely different building. But the issue is not that they get confused, but that some of them get pissed off about it and want to argue with me. I'm sorry to have to tell you this but no, I'm not lying, this is NOT the Lynn Clark you are looking for, and the Princess is in another castle.

#5 While I could name several minor things that irk me every day, like - lady, I'm on the phone, can you not stand directly in my face waiting for my call to finish in order to check you in? There's this thing called HIPAA and more importantly: personal space. But, I'll go with something complicated and big. Intolerance/bigotry/racism. I have no tolerance (am I being hypocritical? lol) for people that don't respect others, regardless of ethnicity, age, gender or social status. Treat everybody with dignity and respect. End of story.

What about you? What pet peeves bug you the most? Let me know in the comments!


No comments:

Post a Comment