Follow Me!

I now have my own Facebook page! Please like it at https://www.facebook.com/katjaneway.blogspot.

You can follow me on twitter also @Katjaneway. If you hate twitter, like I know a lot of you do, you can still subscribe to my blog via email below this heading. I'm also on bloglovin'!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Don't forget to comment, ya trolls! Thanks :)

Monday, April 8, 2019

30-Day Blogging Challenge: Stuff You're Not Good At

Day 3 Here (this is where it starts)

Well isn't this an excellent post to make me feel like crap about myself? lol I think the obvious answer here is math. I've kind of given up with anything that even remotely takes effort when it comes to trying to figure out real-world math issues. With my phone glued to my palm, I've pretty much allowed my brain to gel out with even simple tasks like addition or subtraction. I have a tip calculator for restaurants. I haaaate places that force me to tip while they're standing there waiting because I can not do this shit in my head and I look like a damn noob pulling out my phone just to figure it out. I'm actually quite happy about the ipad app that gives me tipping options, though. At least there is that.
The only thing I wish I knew were ways to figure out certain problems. I would sometimes call my dad to "math something out" because I don't know how to reach the conclusion that I need. For example, and this is an extremely simplistic one, is how to figure out tax or like 15% off when I don't have the option to use the % sign in the calculator.

I'm also not good at sympathy/empathy. It's not that I don't possess either trait, it's just something that doesn't really mesh with my logical side.

I can certainly feel bad for others' situations, especially when they're super close to me like a boyfriend or my parents. But beyond that, I find it more difficult to express. Sometimes I skip Empathy and go straight to compassion. I do have compassion for those close to me. But I always think of situations logically, which can make me seem cold and distant. It's not that I don't care, but it's hard for me to show it sometimes.

What about you guys? What kind of stuff are you not good at?

No comments:

Post a Comment